Online Captains License Courses
Any Time, Any Place, Any Device With or Without Internet Connections
Explorers Guide Totally Mobile System
Explorer’s Guide’s USCG-Approved Online Captain Courses are available 24/7, with or without internet connections. Use any browser to access the course materials. We have been in the business of providing online courses for over 10 years with students throughout the country and at military bases in Japan and Cuba. Courses can be accessed by any major browser; no proprietary software is needed.
NOW, our courses are totally mobile using the Moodle Mobile App for Android or Apple devices , no internet connections needed once the courses have been downloaded. Be it at work, in class or on the water, you have access to your course materials. While the classes can be done on your smartphone, I suggest a little bigger screen such as an iPad or tablet.
"I was very impressed with the course as I have never taken an online class. Everyone I have talked to and e-mailed have been very polite and professional. I will recommend this school to the people I work with. I have been an operator of tugboats for over 30 years and found this class an eye opener to what I had forgotten." – Capt. Luther E.
Our online courses feature the same educational content as the classroom classes.
• Class presentations in easy-to-follow lesson format and supporting videos Practice assessments to test your knowledge of the materials
• Access the lesson at https://www.myexplorersclass.com/ using any Window, Android, or iOS browser
• Additional help is available through conference calls or distance learning
• (Military) Active-duty military members take their final exam with their superior officer or Educational Services Officer.
(Civilian) When and where
• You can schedule your proctored exams at any time after completing the online material. No need to wait months for the next scheduled test date. However, holidays can always be a problem. Plan ahead. Ideally, give us at least a two-week window for scheduling and sending out the exams.
• With over 400 proctored exam locations around the country, we usually can find some place within two-hour drive that can accommodate you.
• Explorer’s Guide Maritime Academy writes its own questions for the exams, which are then approved by the National Maritime Center.
• Exam questions are similar in format to the practice exams online.
• Exams are paper and pencil, multiple choice.
Explorers Guide online course offering includes many of our classroom course. Each class has our presentation provided in easy to follow lesson format with support videos and practice assessments.