Upgrade to Master Inland Great Lakes Captains License
Easy to upgrade your captains license to an Inland/Great Lakes
Masters with our 15 hour course
Enroll Today - Classroom Setting
Companies are looking for qualified Master 100 Great Lake. Get you upgrade now to meet those needs.
Needs to upgrade your credentials to Inland or Great Lakes Masters? Explorer's Guide Maritime Academy has the course to do just that. Our new Masters 100 ton Upgrade to Inland or Great Lakes Master 100 Ton's is just 15 hours long with one 50-question exams.
With this one weekend course your credentials can be upgrade to Master's 25, 50, or 100-ton which permits you to captain an inspected vessel depending on your sea service.
- 15 Hours classroom
- Classroom normally is a Saturday and Sunday
- Be at least 19 years old for Inland/Great Lake
- Sea Service same as OUPV
- Tonnage on your credentials depends on sea service.
- If the applicant has 1 day of service BEFORE March 24, 2014 on a vessel greater than 5 GRT, the MMC may be issued for 50 GRT without meeting this tonnage calculation. (This grandfather clause ends in 2019)
- Otherwise 50 ton requires 90 days (25%) of service of vessels of 26 GRT or above,
OR 180 days (50%) of service on vessels 17 GRT or above.
- 100 Ton required 180 days on a vessel over 34 gross tons or 90 days on a vessel over 51 gross tons gets you a 100 ton license.
Fee:$295 includes course materials, instruction, one sitting of the one final proctored exam, and Certificate of Completion. Course approved for GI Bill, Post 911 GI Bill, Diabled veterans.
Topics: Build on your OUPV license. They include:
- Block, Tackle, and Wire Rope
- Stability, Load Lines
- Safety drill,
- Ships construction,
- Fire fighting Equipment and Regulations,
- Life Saving Appliances, Receiving Survivors
- T Boat Regulation
Exam: One 50-questions Deck General Exams 70% correct to pass
Locations: Classroom classes for this Masters 100 ton Great lakes are held in Appleton, Milwaukee, and Chicago or by distant learning.
Have more questions? Feel free to call us at (920) 733-5500