USCG Captains License Application Help
The Explorers Guide Maritime Academy can help you with your USCG license application. Our experienced, helpful staff can assist you through the process. Below you will find all of the forms you need to begin the USCG Captains license Application process.
To start the USCG Captain License Application process, first selected the correct checklist below. NOTE: These are used by the National Maritime Center to check your license application. So these are added items for their use.
- OUPV Checklist Inland, Great Lakes Near Costal
- Checklists are important to help in determining required sea service and forms. However as of June 29, 2017 they have changed format with broken links to the checklist. We will continue monitor the site to reestablish the link. For now we are adding our own copies.
These are fillable PDF files Click the links below to download the needed forms. NOTE: these are linked to the NMC which still uses an unsecured federal site. You mayhave to add an exception to your browser to download the forms.
- If you have a medical issue please downloadNMC guidance and bring the related section to your doctor.
- Note: Go to AAMRO site;selected only people with the blue approval box)
- How to complete the sea service form ( broken link)
F) For the Oath just have page three of the application notarize.Or, you can use the Merchant Mariner Oath Form
TWIC Exemption request for renewals is part of the new application. For orginal license you must apply for the TWIC.
H) First Aid/CPR Card must be Red Cross, American Heart Saver or Emergency and Care institue card are accepted. (If you need a class, Brenda does an online class then skills test in the class. Call us if you need a course (920) 733-5500
J) REC address for application submittal
K) Check on your application status : homeport.uscg.mil, then click on merchant mariner
If you will need assistance from others with the National Maritime Center, please complete the
as they will not talk with us about your USCG Merchant Mariners License application without a signed form.
If you have questions please call the NMC or give us a call. 920-733-5500
Best of Luck
Helpful Links for Your Application
Main Inquiry Line: 1-888-I-ASK-NMC (1-888-427-5662)
Regional Exam Center - Addresses and email instructions