OUPV Upgrade to 100 Ton Masters Captains License
Near Coastal Fee $335
Enroll Today - Classroom Courses
Is it time to upgrade your OUPV license to 100 Ton Masters License? Explorer's Guide Maritime Academy has the course to do just that. Our 100 Ton Masters License Upgrade can be taken in the classroom. Your sea service determines both the route and tonnage for your license. The routes Near Coastal.
The tonnage of the vessel you can operate also depends on size of the vessel you served on. Tonnage ratings include 25, 50, or 100-ton Master captains license.
Sea service: - 720 days with at least 360 days on the Great Lakes or near coastal and at least 90 days of sea service on any waters within the last three year. .
- 100 GRT – 180 days (25%) of service on vessels of 51 GRT or above,OR 360 days of service on vessels of 34 GRT or above.
- 50 GRT – 180 days (50%) of service on vessels of 26 GRT or above,OR 360 days of service on vessels of 17 GRT or above.
- 25 GRT – 541days (75%) or more for endorsement on vessels 5GRT or less OR 180 days (25%) or more on vessels 6-25 GRT, OR 360 days (50%) or more on vessels 1-16 GRT. In other words if you do not have enough time for a 50 ton you get a 25 ton.
● 20 Hours in classroom
● Classroom normally is a Friday, Saturday, Sunday
● Fee:$335 includes course materials, instruction, one sitting of the one final proctored exam, and Certificate of Completion
Topics: Build on your OUPV license.
- Block, Tackle, and Wire Rope
- Stability, Load Lines
- Safety drill,
- Ships construction,
- Fire fighting Equipment and Regulations,
- Life Saving Appliances, Receiving Survivors
- T Boat Regulations
Couse includes added lessons to the Inland Great lakes master. These include Ocean Current, Marpol, International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, Other International instruments for ship/passenger/cargo safety, International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, Weather Charts and Reports,and Receiving Survivor from Lifeboats/rafts:
PLEASE NOTE: If you take this class and do not have the required sea service time for the near coastal route, your license will be approved for either a Inland or Great Lakes route. If in the future you want to upgrade to near coastal route, you will be required to take our Masters Increase in scope course.
Exam: One 50-questions Deck General Exams 70% correct to pass
Locations: Classroom classes for this Masters 100 ton are held in Appleton, Chicago, California, and Hilo.
Have more questions? Feel free to call us at (920) 733-5500